The spirit of the holiday season is a time when we attempt to extend a little more kindness to our fellow man (or woman), create memories with our families and express our love and gratitude through gifts. But finding that one Christmas gift idea for your girlfriend, fiancée or wife can be a daunting task when faced with the incredible number of options out there.
If you’re just stumped and can’t quite decide on what to give her, but you are looking for romantic Christmas gift ideas that will sweep her off of her feet, keep in mind that the best Christmas gift ideas require some time and effort on your part.
Here are some ideas that go beyond the impersonal gift certificate or typical scarf to get you thinking about some alternatives that may put a sparkle in her eye this Christmas.
A Christmas Engagement
There are few romantic Christmas gift ideas that can top getting engaged over the holidays. You are giving her the gift of your love and commitment, and her finger is decorated with a beautiful testament to your feelings for her.
Of course you can go over-the-top with planning the wedding engagement – renting a limo, an expensive dinner for two, and maybe even a horse and buggy ride. But if you’d rather put that money toward getting her a ring, or saving it for the wedding, you can create a memorable experience for her with little expense.
• Cook Dinner Yourself – Even if you aren’t the world’s greatest cook, she will enjoy the fact that you took the time to create a meal for her.
• A Romantic Walk – Taking a walk after dinner, under the stars, to enjoy the Christmas lights can be absolutely enchanting, especially if you get down on one knee and slip a gorgeous diamond engagement ring on her finger.
• The Family Gathering Turned Engagement Party – If either your family or hers is planning to get together a little before the holidays, contact the hosts ahead of time and let them know you will be proposing. You may be able to make the gathering twice as festive – an annual event bringing the family together, and an opportunity to celebrate your engagement at the same time.
But if getting engaged is not in your plans for the holidays, you can always express your love with jewelry. A pair of diamond earrings with a matching necklace or pendant is a classic choice, or, you can choose to start a tradition by giving her a gold charm bracelet that can be added onto holiday after holiday.
Whether you’re going for the exotic island location, an outdoor adventure, or you want to completely romance her, the surprise of a vacation getaway (that she doesn’t have to plan) is a romantic Christmas gift idea that will have her glowing with happiness. Giving her the opportunity to relax and truly put her obligations on hold, whether for a week or a weekend, is a gift all by itself – and if she can do this in her favorite kind of setting, you will definitely touch her heart.
Here’s a few sites to visit to begin planning the trip:
• For the islands – if she wants to sit back and relax, these two sites are a one-stop shop for all-inclusive packages:
• For adventure – a vacation filled with fun, outdoor activities is easy to plan with these sites:
• For romance – you’ll find that Paris is not the only option for on-location romance with these options:
Pamper her by combining a trip at the spa, a shopping spree and time with her friends for a luxurious day or weekend.
Every woman enjoys feeling like a princess, and there’s nothing quite like the VIP treatment you get at a spa. Go beyond the standard manicure and pedicure and tie both of these pamper sessions in with a facial, massage and/or body wrap. Most spas offer packages for these services, so ask some women you know to name their favorite luxurious spas.
The only thing better than a holistic spa treatment by herself is having a girlfriend or two go with her. Talk with one of her friends’ boyfriends and suggest he use the same Christmas gift idea for his girlfriend so both women can share the experience together.
Combine this with lunch or dinner reservations at an exclusive or hot, new restaurant in the area, and a shopping spree, courtesy of your credit card, and she will come home at the end of the day, relaxed, renewed and grateful to you.
The best way to find a good local spa in your city, or even in your state, is to get a referral from someone who has been there. But if you really want to take things to the next level, you can send her to a retreat at one of the world’s best spas.
Or, instead of spending the time with one of her friends, you can offer to join her for some time completely dedicated to her needs and interests. Probably the best Christmas gift idea for your girlfriend, fiancée or wife is to give her the gift of your time – turning off the Blackberry, forgetting the to-do lists, canceling the meetings, and completely focusing your attention on her and letting her know how much she’s appreciated. And, taking the time to participate in her day could bring the two of you closer together.
Mix together some thought, creativity and planning, and any romantic Christmas gift idea that you have will go over well. Let her know how you feel by taking the time to be original this holiday season.